The Grange - Booking Conditions
Click below to view the Grange in photos
• Your holiday may be reserved by telephone, letter or email. Your chosen date will then be held for 1 week, or other term agreed, from the date of your reservation pending receipt of your deposit, which will be 30% of your total reservation cost.
• Payment may be made direct to my bank, Smile, account number: 79097109, sort code: 08-92-86. Cheques to be made out to M Race and sent to M Race, Barleyhill, Tinkerley Lane, Kirk Ireton, Ashbourne, Derbyshire DE6 3LF. I am unable to accept card payments.
• At the time of reservation the person booking is required to provide his or her full name and address, telephone numbers and email contact, names of other guests and ages of those under 18.
• The final balance will be due in full, eight weeks before the booked date of arrival. A security deposit of £200 for The Grange and £50 for Doveholes Cottage is required to be paid with the final balance. The security deposit is refundable after deductions for damage or excess cleaning after the property has been checked.
• All payments will be acknowledged and directions and instructions sent.
• Guests are asked to contact the owner one week prior to their date of arrival in order to make final arrangements for their time of arrival and access to the property. Normal time in is 4.00 pm and time out is 10.00 am but may be modified by agreement with the owner.
• If unable to be there at the time of arrival the owner will contact the guest to make arrangements and give other contacts. It is important that guests provide adequate details to enable the owner to make contact and respond to email and phone messages.
• In the event of cancellation fees are non-refundable unless the property is re-let, in which case payments will be refunded less a £50 administrative fee and any shortfall due to accepting a lower price for a late booking. Also any damage caused must be paid for in full. You are advised to consider insuring against these eventualities.
• Insurance is available from: http://www.cancellationplan.co.uk for cancellation or accidental damage. Other insurers can be found on the internet.
• The property will be inspected prior to your arrival and any defects pointed out. Any further defects found when guests leave will be charged to the hirer.
• For any accommodation defects that occur whilst guests are in residence please contact the owner immediately in order for repairs to be carried out and damage minimised.
• Self-catering means just that. Guests are expected to leave the property in the same clean and tidy condition as it was on arrival. Cleaning tools and materials are provided, but if you need more please ask. All utensils and crockery should be washed up and put away in the correct location, playing cards and games put away with all pieces intact, the cottage cleaned throughout and all furniture put back in the correct place. The changeover team should have little to do but check the property and change the bedding and towels.
• Maximum occupancy for The Grange is 14 + 4 + 2 cots and Doveholes Cottage 4 + 2 + 1 cot. The number of guests booked in must not be exceeded except by agreement with the owner prior to arrival. There will be an extra charge for numbers above the normal sleeping capacity. Failure to notify the owner of extra occupancy may result in the reservation being cancelled and guests being required to vacate the property.
• We ask that you please be considerate to neighbours and other guests and observe a curfew of 12.30 am for loud music inside the cottages and 11.30 outside the properties.
• Both properties are strictly NO SMOKING and NO PETS. If this is abused the guests will be required to pay for the cost of deodorising the relevant rooms and may be required to leave. Smoking is allowed outside the properties; cigarette ends should be safely and tidily disposed of. For your safety no candles or other naked lights are allowed in the properties.
• For bookings of more than one week weekly linen changes are included in the property hire fees. If extra linen changes are required during the week then a laundry fee will be charged.
• Heating, electricity, linen, towels and Wi Fi are included in the hire cost.
• Electric heaters can be provided in case of heating failure but are not kept in the properties.
• All vehicles must be parked on the owner’s property leaving clear access to fields and neighbouring property.
• Safety instructions and advice held at the properties must be read and adhered to.
• Goods left at the cottage may either be collected or can be returned by post. A charge will be made to cover postage, packing, labour and travel, to be paid in advance.
• Meals and other outside services must be paid for at the time of supply and direct to the supplier.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided and contained in this site is correct in its accuracy. Information has been provided in good faith but the owner cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided to him. The owner does not accept liability for any material contained within any pages of external internet sites to which it has links and access, or is accessed from. The owner will not be held liable for any direct, indirect, special incidental or consequential damages arising out the use of information held on this site. The owner disclaims any responsibility for any individual or group errors or omissions, inaccuracies, wrong interpretation, losses, any negligence or disappointment caused by any reliance on any information contained in this site, delays or interruptions in the delivery of information, or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein. The owner disclaims any responsibility in the event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of any company, individual, small business or firm referred to herein. Any confirmation of the accuracy and current status of any of the information within should be requested from the relevant, owners, establishments, activity and entertainment providers or small businesses concerned.
No liability is accepted for damage to your computer hardware, data information, materials and business resulting from any information or lack of information on the owner’s website.
Limitation of Liability
The owner shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, from the use of, reliance on or information from our site and linked sites/pages or from the use of the Internet in general.
The owner shall include all its associated businesses, employees, partners, principals, agents and representatives, any third-party providers or sources of information or data